In an effort to be healthier, I decided to buy almond butter and chia seeds to be part of my daily diet. I was thinking of an easier way to incorporate the two so I thought of making healthy smoothies with juicing greens.
This smoothie is a great energy boost and will help keep you full since it contains a lot protein (depending on your protein powder) and fiber from the fruit and greens. I actually convinced Yasmin to drink this since she is very picky with her food but she seems to like it. I say it’s a win in my book.
- 2 cups juicing greens
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup V8 Acai Berry Juice
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, pre-soaked
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 banana
- 1 serving of vanilla protein powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend it until smooth.
- Once the consistency is like a smoothie, pour in a glass.
- Serve while still cold.