My favorite anime this season is no doubt, the adorable Himouto Umaru-chan. It was originally a manga with more than a hundred chapters and they finally decided to make it into an anime. I first learned of Umaru when I saw her nendoroid prototype on Good Smile Company’s site.
Umaru-chan is this sweet girl with two different personalities. She has a persona when she’s outside and is a totally a different person when she’s at home. Anthony thinks that I resemble her too much, that’s why I like her.
On the first episode, they first introduce Umaru and her brother, Taihei. Then everything just goes crazy and then you fall in love with Umaru’s character and feel bad for Taihei. So for my first Himouto Umaru-inspired recipe, I decided to go with Taihei’s Jumbo Hamburg Steak.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- splash of milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Pepper for taste
- 4 sunny side eggs for topping
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onions, garlic powder, oyster sauce, egg, salt and pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs and milk until it forms like a paste. Add to the ground beef mixture.
- Form hamburger patties a little bit bigger than the normal size and in oblong form.
- Heat up a pan and pan-fry the patties until to your desired temperature (medium, medium-rare, etc.).
- On a small sauce pan, bring the beef broth, soy sauce, pepper, butter and mushrooms to a boil.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with cold water and mix in the other ingredients.
- Serve on top of the hamburger steak and top with a sunny side egg.
- Enjoy your Jumbo Hamburg Steak with some rice and veggies on the side!