I published my Easy Butterbeer Ice Cream recipe and it is the second most viewed post after my Kirby Cake. Today, I decided to make Hermione’s Butterbeer Cupcakes using the same flavor profile. It took 2 tries since I had to figure out the syrup ratio to put in the batter but I managed to figure it out!
I just used cake mix for this but substituted some of the water for the syrups. I didn’t just add it to the batter because it would be too runny.
Optional lightning bolts made out of fondant for the cupcake topper. I also cut some paper straws to make it look like a drink. The cupcake liner template I made is available for download below.
Download: Cupcake Liner Template
- 1 Box White or Yellow Cake Mix and its ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Toffee Nut Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Syrup
- 4 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/8 Cup Toffee Nut Syrup
- 1/8 Cup Caramel Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place liners in your cupcake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix your cake mix according to instructions but substitute 1/2 cup of water with the toffee nut and caramel syrups.
- Pour the batter onto the liners and bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is done, let it cool.
- Cream the butter with a mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar,syrups and heavy cream slowly until incorporated.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream and serve.