When I saw Bob’s Burger’s first episode when it first aired on Fox, I had made up my mind that I wasn’t gonna love the show. Linda’s voice was annoying, Tina’s voice sounded too much like a guy (which is actually voiced by one) and I couldn’t get into it. But I didn’t really have a choice because it used to air before The Simpsons on Sundays so I gave it another shot. Well crap, I got hooked. I love Louise’s sick sense of humor, Linda is actually a cool mom and Bob is pretty relatable. I noticed that their burgers were “punny” and I live on puns. I literally was my former copywriter’s nightmare at my last ad agency.
I’ve said on my Facebook post a couple of days ago that we have decided to make a Bob’s Burgers segment on my blog. I will do my best to recreate the burgers on the show. Our first burger is the “New Bacon-ings”. On my recipe, I will be writing just generic ingredients. You are free to swap out any cheese or bacon with the brand of your choice.
I hope you enjoy the first ever Bob’s Burger creation on Geek Grubs!
- 4 burger patties
- Garlic Powder
- 4 burger buns
- 4 - 6 strips of bacon
- Cheese of your choice
- Preheat your grill or pan for the burger and oven (for the bacon at 400 degrees F).
- Place bacon strips on baking pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Season the patties with garlic powder, salt and pepper to your taste.
- When burger is almost done, add your cheese on top of the burger to let it melt a bit. DO NOT FLIP!!
- Once done, put on burger bun and add a bacon strip that's cut in half.
- Serve with fries or side of your choice.